My practicum teacher talks a lot about real life situations and kind of forces them to think about when they get older and get out into the real world. She tells them that they need to set goals for themselves and encourages them to try hard to get what they want. For example, one of the questions she asked them: What do the expectations you have for yourself have to do with the goals you have set? I feel like she always seems to give them insightful information. She tells them of her past experiences and how she got where she is today, etc. I think that it’s truly awesome how she encourages her students to be the best they can. Especially because it is a diverse/low income school you never know how much inspiration they get at home. I know that she definitely inspires me to be like her when I become a teacher and have my own students.
No comments:
Post a Comment